GARAGES (ESPECIALLY GARAGE FLOORS) ARE NOTORIOUS FOR ENDURING HEAVY TRAFFIC, HIGH LOADS, OIL AND CHEMICAL SPILLS, AND PRACTICALLY ANYTHING ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH EXTENSIVE WEAR AND TEAR.
EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
But is there anything you can do to change the tide?
Yes! And, luckily Craftsman Concrete has committed itself to transforming the way we think about one of the most beloved and most utilized, yet arguably least invested in, spaces within our home – the garage.
As a space that reserves the right to possess both utility and function, while also simultaneously basking in a luxury aesthetic, garage floors rarely reach their full potential.
That’s where the beauty of epoxy garage floors comes in.
What is Epoxy and Epoxy Flooring?
For many years, epoxy resin art, projects, and hobbies have been a fascination for the recreational DIY enthusiast. However, especially over recent months, there’s been an extreme surge in the popularity of crafts, projects, and high-quality goods that highlight epoxy.
From delicate jewelry to beautiful countertops, epoxy has proven time and time again to be a force, especially in the home improvement realm.
And to that point, the surge in popularity we’re currently witnessing shouldn’t deceive you into thinking residential epoxy treatments are temporary.
No, not at all.
In fact, in light of its rising momentum, we’re noticing a huge burst of well-known information bubble to the surface especially in regard to this particular garage flooring option.
Not to be confused with garage floor paint that lacks the adhesive qualities epoxy does, a garage floor coating like epoxy is tough and durable. As a bonus, epoxy is also one of the most cost-effective AND quick ways to completely transform your “ho-hum” concrete slab into a luxurious work of art that also happens to be an extension of your home.
Benefits of Coating Your Garage Floors with Epoxy
- TOUGH AND DURABLE
- Residential epoxy garage floors are capable of withstanding up to 10,000 psi. That extreme endurance to heavy loads is just one of the main draws to having an epoxy floor with such durable coating. Another is its natural ability to be chemical-resistant, stain-resistant, oil-resistant, and abrasion-resistant, while still adding another air of luxury to your home.
- Coating your garage floors with epoxy color flakes allows you to indulge in the unique aesthetic that makes your home life feel complete. These flakes not only give off a luxurious granite appearance but also performs double duty by masking small, everyday debris and dirt that are usually more difficult to see.
- Another benefit of epoxy garage floors is they are very easy to repair. In the rare instance your epoxy flooring is damaged and needs to have a section, or sections, replaced, our team of professional installers can spot repair the specific sections and reapply the exact same epoxy coating and color combination to your garage floor without missing a beat.
- Note: Oftentimes we encounter the most damage to epoxy flooring as a result of a DIY epoxy garage floor project. Extremely hot tires can be the catalyst to the thinner coating being lifted, in turn resulting in your garage floor becoming damaged and needing repair.
- EASY TO CLEAN
- When encountering dreaded oil spills or other chemical stains on your bare concrete garage floor, most homeowners will go through the wringer when embarking upon the clean-up process. Some might even throw their hands in the air and test their luck with their own DIY installation of various epoxy coating systems found at a local hardware store. Fortunately, for all epoxy flooring homeowners everywhere, epoxy floor coatings on garage floors are notorious for being easy to clean (all you need is soap and water) while also being waterproof and mold and mildew proof. It’s a win-win!
- INCREDIBLY SAFE
- A slippery concrete floor can be a dangerous garage floor. By adding in epoxy flakes immediately following the application of your base color coat, we are able to create a gentle orange peel-like finish on your concrete surface, significantly increasing slip resistance and improving safety.
- QUICK AND EASY TO INSTALL
- Epoxy garage flooring is well-known for its rapid turnaround time. On average the whole process from proper preparation to completion will take 24-48 hours, and can be utilized in both new construction homes as well as remodels.
Why You Should Choose Craftsman Concrete for Your Epoxy Flooring
Craftsman Concrete boasts over 150 garage floor epoxy colors resulting in unlimited custom colors and combinations. That means your home, every square foot of it, can be uniquely designed for you and your needs.
Even better, our commitment to our environmental pledge means ALL of our garage floor epoxy products (base coat, top coat, color flakes, high gloss, etc) used to revolutionize your garage floor have the future of our environment top of mind.